Exceptional Properties of Fluran®
Made of a proprietary fluoroelastomer, Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing has both the physical and chemical characteristics that make it ideal for severe environments, such as dry cleaning fluid lines and solvent recovery systems, where other flexible tubings fail. Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing can be used in continuous service with temperatures as high as 400˚F (204˚C). Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing’s opaque black color helps protect light-sensitive materials being transferred and will not prematurely crack and age when exposed to ozone, sun and weather. A food grade formulation is available upon request.
Through a high temperature, time controlled, post-cure process, virtually all processing residuals are driven from Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing. This allows for use in applications where minimal outgassing is required. This condition can be desirable in numerous applications such as found in the aerospace industry, where preventing contamination of highly sensitive instrumentation may be critical.
Excellent Chemical Resistance
Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing provides excellent resistance to corrosive chemicals, oils, fuels, solvents and most mineral acids. Fluran® tubing is highly flexible and resilient, making it the ideal choice in peristaltic pumping of extremely corrosive materials. Refer to the “Effect of Chemical and Temperature Environments on Physical Properties” chart on the back of this page for a listing of common chemicals and their relative effect on the physical properties of Fluran® Severe Environment Tubing.
Features and Benefits
- Provides continuous service at temperatures up to 400˚F (204˚C)
- Excellent resistance to corrosive chemicals, oils, fuels and solvents
- Resists ozone, sunlight and weathering
- Opaque black color helps protect light-sensitive fluids
- Solvent recovery systems
- Process monitoring equipment
- Peristaltic pumping of concentrated acids
- Fuel lubrication lines in high temperature equipment
- O-Rings, seals and gasketing
- Caustic hot air exhaust and sampling
- Dry cleaning fluid lines
- Chemical processing